Yummy Stuffed Green Pepper Recipe found on Oxygen.com
As many stuffed peppers as you need (Usually one pepper per person)
2 lbs. lean ground buffalo per 4 peppers
a white onion (diced)
1 can of tomato sauce
1 can of diced tomatoes with green peppers and onions
4 eggs (2 egg whites and 2 whole eggs)
1/2 package of the powdered ranch dip mix
Pre-heat oven at 350 degrees.
1. Prepare Buffalo meat in skillet. After just slightly browned add all the listed ingredients (except green peppers) and let simmer.
2. While the meat is simmering cut the top of the green pepper and remove the seeds and hollow out. Place the base of pepper on a cooking sheet and Fill the pepper up with the mixture (There will be extra meat mixture left ~ JUST WAIT, It has a purpose in #4) Place the top back on the pepper and place in the oven.
3. Now, this is where your senses come into play 🙂 Depending on how many and how large the pepper are depend on how long it will take to bake. The key ~ when you see the pepper skin get a little wrinkly and soft plus a few minutes beyond that (HA, there is no real science here)…
4. Remove from the oven and let cool. While cooling take the reminder meat mixture and place it in the center of each plate with a teeny crater to stick the pepper. Once the pepper is cooled enough to place on the plate in the middle of the yummy mixture do so.
5. Pass out, watch the smiles and ENJOY one of the healthiest, low fat most fantastico meals EVER!!!